[R] makePSOCKcluster launches different version of R

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Fri Aug 5 20:58:47 CEST 2016

On 08/05/2016 12:07 PM, Guido Kraemer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> we are running R on a Linux Cluster with several R versions installed in
> parallel.
>
> If I run:
>
> library(parallel)
> cl <- makePSOCKcluster(
>   rep('nodeX', 24),
>   homogeneous = FALSE,
>   rscript = '/usr/local/apps/R/R-3.2.2/bin/Rscript'
> )

from ?makePSOCKcluster

      'homogeneous' Logical.  Are all the hosts running identical
           setups, so 'Rscript' can be launched using the same path on
           each?  Otherwise 'Rscript' has to be in the default path on
           the workers.

      'rscript' The path to 'Rscript' on the workers, used if
           'homogeneous' is true. Defaults to the full path on the
           master.

so homogeneous = FALSE and rscript = ... are incompatible. From your
description it seems like you mean homogeneous = TRUE.

Martin