[R] Issue installing packages - Linux

Lars Bishop lars52r at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 12:22:30 CEST 2016

Hello,

I can’t seem to be able to install packages on a redhat-linux-gnu. For
instance, this is what happens when I try to install “bitops”. Any hint on
what might be the issue would be much appreciated.

> sessionInfo()
R version 3.2.3 (2015-12-10)
Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Red Hat Enterprise Linux

> Sys.setenv(https_proxy="https://labproxy.com:8080")
> install.packages("bitops", lib="mypath ")

Here I choose: 22: (HTTP mirrors) and then a mirror 16:Canada(ON)

* installing *source* package âbitopsâ ...
** package âbitopsâ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in readRDS(pfile) : error reading from connection
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package âbitopsâ

I’ve also tried from the shell (after downloading the package source)

$  R CMD INSTALL bitops_1.0-6.tar.gz
ERROR: cannot extract package from bitops_1.0-6.tar.gz

Thank you,
Lars.