[R] Decision Tree and Random Forrest

Michael Artz michaeleartz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 00:02:18 CEST 2016

Ah yes I will have to use the predict function.  But the predict function
will not get me there really.  If I can take the example that I have a
model predicting whether or not I will play golf (this is the dependent
value), and there are three independent variables Humidity(High, Medium,
Low), Pending_Chores(Taxes, None, Laundry, Car Maintenance) and Wind (High,
Low).  I would like rules like where any record that follows these rules
(IF humidity = high AND pending_chores = None AND Wind = High THEN 77%
there is probability that play_golf is YES).  I was thinking that random
forrest would weight the rules somehow on the collection of trees and give
a probability.  But if that doesnt make sense, then can you just tell me
how to get the decsion rules with one tree and I will work from that.

Mike

Mike