[R] Documentation: Was -- identical() versus sapply()

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:31:19 CEST 2016

I am very interested in such a distributed documentation editing
project, and have some thoughts on how to make it workable for both
volunteers and core members who would need to review.

I'm willing to lead or colead such a project, if someone stepping up
would be a useful first step, and I'm also willing to host a wiki,
although I think something like GitHub is probably the best place.
I've been contemplating for a while how I can get more involved in the
main R efforts, and have contributed to the documentation before, in
tiny ways. I think those of us who have participated in R-help for a
while have an idea of the main stumbling blocks in the documentation
(besides, of course, getting people to read it in the first place).

I don't think R-help is the right place to continue discussion; should
this be moved to R-devel, or somewhere else entirely?

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org