[R] Correlation between package output

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:25:30 CEST 2016

Hi Fabio,

Using the first example from ?dbFD

ex1 <- dbFD(dummy$trait, dummy$abun)

If you look at that help page, or at str(ex1), you'll see that the
returned object is a list with named components. So, you can access
the different indices just as you would access any other list. If
that's confusing to you, a good basic intro to R might be just the
thing.

Here are two ways to do so:
with(ex1, plot(nbsp, FRic))
cor(ex1$nbsp, ex1$FRic, use="pair") # the toy example has one NA value

You might in the future find R-sig-ecology to be a better place to ask
this sort of question.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee