[R] Good pointers for understanding the R language implementation

Francisco Banha francisco.mcfb at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:26:06 CEST 2016

Dear All,

I'm currently working on a project with the purpose of remotely executing R code, which requires me to have to work with the code of R itself. I've searched the Internet for good information that will help me understand how R is implemented but what I've got so far isn't detailed enough.
I've looked specifically at CRAN's manuals on the official website but they only address this issue briefly. I've also looked at other contents online but so far nothing has turned up that has the level of detail that I need to properly understand the inner workings of R.
For example, I need to understand how exactly an expression is parsed and evaluated, because I will need to intervene in the process to decide whether to execute it remotely or not.
Does anyone know of good pointers that would help me understand this?
Thanks for any help!

Best regards,
Francisco