[R] Calculate Total CORRECTED SS for non linear regression

Michael Eisenring michael.eisenring at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 30 13:57:12 CEST 2015

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer.
I am still a bit confused- So that means that the calculation of the " R2"
for my non-linear model is in fact the formula I used in my eample:

CompoundSS <- sum((dta$Compound - mean(dta$Compound))^2)
R2 <- deviance(dta.nls)/CompoundSS
R2

What's then the difference to the normally calculated R2 used for linear
regression? To me it looks the same.