[R] 'R' Software Output Plagiarism

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Fri Sep 25 00:56:10 CEST 2015

My guess is that it just ran the scan and emailed back the results with no analysis. It sounds like the software is functioning 'properly' but the humanware is not. But then, there is no reason to expect them to be subject matter experts, either. One should just hope they would supply better reports than it appears Oliver and his professor received.

Re the professor, he/she may have just tossed the report to Oliver and said, "Explain this".  Once Oliver discussed the issue with Ukund it should be blinding obvious to the professor.