[R] boxplot overlap beeswarm

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 24 17:27:35 CEST 2015

I see that you have used
   add = TRUE
in the boxplot call. Add only makes sense if there is already a plot to
which to add the boxplot. But your boxplot is first, so there isn't
anything to add it to.

Try doing the beeswarm plot first?

Will the two plots will have the same y axis ranges?

Minor notes:
  you don't need both as.is and stringsAsFactors in read.csv
  read.csv by definition uses sep=','; you do not need to specify it.

If you want better help do the following:

  supply example data (use the "dput" function)

  saying it doesn't work is not enough -- describe how it did not work,
and include error messages, if any

  read the Posting Guide (link at the bottom of every email on R-help)

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627