[R] best data storage format?

Alfa Diallo alfadiallo at mac.com
Thu Sep 17 22:41:46 CEST 2015

Hello -

I’m working on dataset that will eventually be used in an xyz-plot.

I’m having trouble figuring out the best way to store the data (see an attached .csv sheet exported from Excel). Some information on the data:

- Columns B - F are labels that describe the z data points
- Rows above x and y data pairs show the corresponding labels for the data point.

I want to use R to visualize the data and appreciate any feedback on the best mechanism to store/organize the info. I’m new to R and want to start the data assembly on the right foot - thanks for the help and advice!

Alfa