[R] Multiple if function

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 21:16:26 CEST 2015

Maria:

Have you read An Intro to R or other R tutorial? There are many on the
web and this is a basic idea that they would explain (with examples).

?ifelse  ##a vectorized kind of if conditional

is one way to do this (though it can get a little convoluted). There
are others (e.g. splitting and recombining -- see the plyr package),
which others may suggest. Nevertheless, time spent with a tutorial
would be useful.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter