[R] [FORGED] R WRONG CALCULATIONS - Please Help

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Sep 15 01:02:34 CEST 2015

On 15/09/15 03:11, JORGE COLACO wrote:
> I would greatly appreciate if you could let me know why the R does not make
> the right computations in the case below.
> Waiting for your reply.

It is very irritating, at least to me, when list correspondents submit
postings asserting that "R gets it wrong".  It is very rare for (base) R
to get it wrong; there are very few bugs in base R.  There are more in
contributed packages, but even these are quite rare.

Almost always if you think that "R gets it wrong" there is something
wrong with *your* thinking or with your understanding of how R works and
you need to study some more about the issue in question.

Almost always the fault lies not in R but in yourself.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS