[R] Multinomial data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 14 18:49:28 CEST 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Iker Vaquero Alba wrote:

>    I have some data I would like to analyse where my response variables
> are categorical data: several participants were asked to give answers in
> the form of 1 to 5 (for the degree of importance given to certain items).
> So, what I have now is response variables that can just take 5 possible
> values: 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

Iker,

   This situation calls for the application of Thomas Saaty's Analytical
Hierarchy Process (AHP). A good summary is on wikipedia:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analytic_hierarchy_process>, and web searches
will augment that information.

   It's easy to implement with octave as well as with python code. Perhaps
there is a package within R but I've not found one.

Rich