[R] Seeking help

varun yadav varunmmm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:11:29 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am working on Predictive analytics assignment i which i need to predict
winner of state election . Data set is not very big but have multiple files
and as per my understanding only few of them are useful. Problem statement
is "* Which party should be given chance by the people to rule Bihar for
next five years in assembly election*". For better understanding, I would
like to mention few things

   - Data set do not contain any opinion poll or survey data
   - All are historical data some are from national poll results and some
   are from assembly elections which happened in 2005 and 2010
   - National election happened in 2014 in which BJP (Bhartiya Janta Party)
   did well in Bihar.
   - This election is only happening in one state Bihar not in entire
   country

*My doubts :  *

   - What should be the criteria to select the variable, what are key
   variable that we consider in any Poll if we are only having historical data
   - What model and algorithm should we use
   - Any suggestion how to approach.

I am attaching the data set as well Please help me out. I am clueless.

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Varun Yadav*