[R] Task Views

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Wed Sep 9 10:43:49 CEST 2015

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015, Partha Sinha wrote:

> Dear All
> I am using R version R version 3.2.1 (2015-06-18) in windows 7.
> I have installed few task views like Timeseries and Graphics in R.
>
> 1. Is it possible to find out which "TASK Views" are installed in the
> system ?

Not out of the box. The task view installation just triggers a normal
installation of packages - once these are installed there is no way to
know from which task views the packages came.

But you can easily run update.views("TimeSeries") which will check first
whether all packages from the task view are already installed. And then it
only installs those that are not installed in a current version.

> 2. Can in install multiple Task views using single command ?

Yes, just do install.views(c("TimeSeries", "Graphics")) or analogously for
update.views().