[R] Having trouble updating and installing R 3.2.1 and 3.2.2

Keith S Weintraub kw1958 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:16:47 CET 2015

I uninstalled all versions of R on my computer and killed all R directories (I think).

I am wondering that since I “upgraded” to Windows 10 is it possible that I should create a user separate from the administrator account? My previous version of Windows was 7 Home I think.

Here is a longer version of the error messages that I get.

> install.packages("sm")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Administrator/My Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning: unable to access index for repository https://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib
Warning: unable to access index for repository https://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/3.2
Warning messages:
1: In normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
  path[1]="C:/Users/Administrator/My Documents/R/win-library/3.2": Access is denied
2: package ‘sm’ is not available (for R version 3.2.2)

Thanks for your help,
KW