[R] warning on generic function when building R package

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 13:44:08 CEST 2015

Jim's solution works.
Thank you

Carol

     On Monday, October 19, 2015 11:53 PM, Jim Lemon <drjimlemon at gmail.com> wrote:

 I think what you may have done is simply changed x.init= to x=x.init. x.init may or may not be there when the function is called, and that is what the warning is saying. While you have satisfied the restriction that the first argument must be "x", but then set the default value to something that R is unable to resolve to a value. What you may want to do is something like this:
plot.func<-function(x,y,...) { if(missing(x)) stop("Must have an x value") if(missing(y)) stop("Must have a y value") ...}
Jim