[R] warning on generic function when building R package

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 19:29:54 CEST 2015

Hi,I have invoked plot in a function (plot.func) as follows but when I check the built package, I get a warning:
plot(x.pt,y.pt,xlim = c(0, 10), ylim = c(0,1), xlab= "xlab", ylab="ylab", main = "title", col = col,type = "l")
R CMD check my.package
checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
plot:
  function(x, ...)
plot.func:
  function(x.pt, y.pt, arg3, arg4, "title", col, arg5)

See section ‘Generic functions and methods’ in the ‘Writing R
Extensions’ manual.
Which plot argument is illegitimate or missing and how to eliminate the warning?
Thanks
Carol