[R] for loop not working

mnw maw90 at aber.ac.uk
Tue Oct 13 11:35:16 CEST 2015

Thank you for your comments. I guess what I need is to store movements and
then loop through that matrix. Here is a snippet of the 'movement' code. I
am trying to fill the matrix below with data from this loop. Is there
something else my matrix (bottom) requires? Or its positioning?

Many thanks,

# determine whether movement is occurring and if so what type
  # if there are insufficient history items then just record movement types
discretely

   if (i < historyLength) movement <- movementType(relAngle, angleThreshold)

  else if (i > historyLength-1) {
    # Array to store speeds
    speedHistory <- array(historyLength)
    n = historyLength-1
    # get the speeds from the previous n (hisoryLength) "Movements"
    for (j in seq(1, length(historyLength))){
      speedHistory [n] = R[i-j, 6]
      n-1
      }

      if (!bayesFilter(speedHistory, minSpeed, GPS_accy)) movement <-
"non-moving"
      else if(bayesFilter(speedHistory, minSpeed, GPS_accy)) movement <-
movementType(relAngle, angleThreshold)

    holder <- matrix(data = movement, nrow = nrow(R), ncol = 1)

  }