[R] How to install packages without internet

FERNANDO MANSITO CABALLERO fernando.mansito at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:12:05 CEST 2015

Dear Madam/Sir,

I am trying to understand how to install packages without internet and I
have come to a dead end.

I choose polynom (Venables & Ripley) which I first successfully installed
on a computer with internet. I found that the installed package comprises a
void "polynom" folder and a "polynom_1.3-8.tar" folder which only contains
a zipped container with the same name.

I then donloaded the package successfully using download.packages(). I
unzipped the .tar.gz downloaded package then successfully installed the
unzipped polynom package using its path and repos=NULL in
install.packages() on a computer without internet..

However, when I wrote "library(polynom)" on the computer without internet,
R3.2.2 answers with an error "polynom is not a valid installed package".

What am I doing wrong?

Yours truly
Fernando Mansito