[R] additive proportional odds model in R

Neverstop neverstop at hotmail.it
Wed Oct 7 12:33:23 CEST 2015

Hi all!
I'm looking for a way to fit an additive proportional odds model in R since
I need to analyse ordinal data.
The polr() function of the MASS package of R allows only to fit a linear
proportional odds model so I can't use it.
The gam() function of the gam package of R allows to fit additive models and
generalized additive models. This package uses smoothing splines and loess
as smoothers. I've read the documentation and it doesn't seem to be possible
to fit an additive proportional odds model in R.
Do you know which function should I use?
Thank you in advance.