[R] Help with improveProb function in Hmisc in R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Oct 1 17:38:55 CEST 2015

On Oct 1, 2015, at 2:26 AM, kirsada wrote:

> Please bear with me, I am very new to R.
>
> My question is regarding the use of the improveProb function in the Hmisc
> package. I have two logistic models, the only difference being that the
> second model contains my novel marker of interest. I am trying to calculate
> NRI and IDI to compare models.
>
> I have the PredRisks for both models - PredRisk1 and PredRisk2, and my
> outcome is disease 0/1. How do I define this in R in order to run
>
> improveProb(x1, x2, y)?

If you are saying that you have two numerical values each of length one, than I do not think you can pass those to a function that expects raw data. If your "PredRisk" variables are vectors of the same length as y and having a range of [0,1] as befits a probability, then what problems are you experiencing?

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA