[R] Generalized ordered logit model

Moe Daniels smd71092 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 16:48:30 CEST 2015

I have limited statistical experience from my coursework in undergrad running simple linear regressions and performing chi-square tests. I have some data, ~5000 survey results on individuals, each with a score from a scale of 1-12 on how security conscious they are (determined by their answers to previous security related questions) and we also asked multiple choice questions on income (USD 0-USD 19,999; USD 20,000-USD 39,999; etc.), age (21-30, 31-40, etc.) and level of education (High School, Undergraduate, Masters, and Doctoral). I wanted to know how I would set this up to determine which is the biggest factor in determining their security consciousness with statistical significance. Here is a pivot table from my Excel file with random data.

I believe I will need to run a generalized ordered logit but I am not sure how to do so in R. I have very little experience using R and I don't think this can be performed in Excel which would be my preference. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

|   |
|  |
|  |
| View on i.stack.imgur.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |