[R] SWEAVE - a gentle introduction

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 18 20:22:53 CET 2015

What’s more, for pdf output one can use R Markdown and judiciously
sneak in html and/or LaTeX (consider however what the processing
steps might do to such markup).

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au<mailto:john.maindonald at anu.edu.au>

From: Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com<mailto:murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>>
Subject: Re: [R] SWEAVE - a gentle introduction
Date: 18 November 2015 08:09:34 NZDT
To: Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz at me.com<mailto:marc_schwartz at me.com>>, John Sorkin <jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu<mailto:jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu>>
Cc: R-help <r-help at r-project.org<mailto:r-help at r-project.org>>

On 17/11/2015 10:42 AM, Marc Schwartz wrote:

On Nov 17, 2015, at 9:21 AM, John Sorkin <jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu<mailto:jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu>> wrote:

I am looking for a gentle introduction to SWEAVE, and would appreciate recommendations.
I have an R program that I want to run and have the output and plots in one document. I believe this can be accomplished with SWEAVE. Unfortunately I don't know HTML, but am willing to learn. . . as I said I need a gentle introduction to SWEAVE.
Thank you,
John

John,

A couple of initial comments.

First, you will likely get some recommendations to also consider using Knitr:

  http://yihui.name/knitr/

which I do not use myself (I use Sweave), but to be fair, is worth considering as an alternative.

He did, and I'd agree with them.  I've switched to knitr for all new projects and some old ones.  knitr should be thought of as Sweave version 2.

Duncan Murdoch