[R] Error survreg: Density function returned an an invalid matrix

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Nov 16 14:40:41 CET 2015

The error message states that there is an invalid value for the density.  A long stretch
of code is not very helpful in understanding this.  What we need are the definition of
your density -- as it would be written in a textbook.  This formula needs to give a valid
response for the range -infinity to +infinity.  Or more precisely, for any value that the
maximizer might guess at some point during the iteration.

Terry T.

On 11/14/2015 05:00 AM, r-help-request at r-project.org wrote:
> Thanks Terry but the error persists. See:
>
>> >library(foreign)> library(survival)> library(VGAM) > mypareto <- list(name='Pareto',+                  init=

remainder of message trucated