[R] Compute Regressions with R-Function

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Thu Nov 12 18:09:40 CET 2015

You may have additional scoping problems depending on where you various variables exist, but your Trend function syntax is incorrect. You need parentheses around your arguments to the lm call, and you left out the '~' in your formula.  In addition, don't fool yourself by your use of the names CO2 and logTrop_Aerosol as the function arguments.  Those arguments don't refer to variables in the global environment.  Function parameters have local scope in the function.

Trend <- function(x,CO2,logTrop_Aerosol) { lm(x ~  CO2  + logTrop_Aerosol)}

Dan

Daniel Nordlund, PhD
Research and Data Analysis Division
Services & Enterprise Support Administration