[R] Quotes

Daniel Wiegert dswiegert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 03:54:50 CET 2015

Hello, I am trying to use a code which requires quotes around each of about 1000 entries. When I did this in Microsoft programs, R rejected every quote. I converted the font to courier new size 10 true type (the R default). No luck. I had to find a sample code and copy the quotes from that 2000 times for R to accept them, or type them in manually in R.

Is there anyway to make this easier? What font in Word/Excel etc. does R prefer and will function using quotes? Commas, letters, numbers, all work, just the full double quotes won't work.

Thank you,

Daniel