[R] JAGS 4.x, rjags 4.x problems | Linux

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Wed Nov 4 21:05:05 CET 2015

Am 04.11.2015 um 20:08 schrieb Evan Cooch:
> Greetings --
>
> This has also been posted on the jags forum, but since I suspect the
> problem is more 'R-related' than jags, will aos post here.
>
> Decided to 'upgrade' from jags 3.x.x to 4.x.x today, on my GNU/Linux
> boxes (which run latest RHEL). Here are the basic details:
>
> 1\ used R 3.2.2 compiled from source. 64-bit -- nothing fancy, other
> than the fact that I used OpenBLAS instead of 'generic'. Works fine.
>
> 2\ downloaded and compiled JAGS 4.0.1 from source (nothing fancy,
> ./configure & make & make install) -- no errors. Runs fine as a
> standalone app from CLI.
>

> 3\ Downloaded rjags_4-3.tar.gz, and installed from R CLI (within R --
> usual R CMD INSTALL approach). Again, no errors reported.
>

> However, when I fire up R, and try something simple like
>
> library(R2jags)

On FreeBSD, I get the following, when I try to load package R2jags:

library(R2jags)
Lade nötiges Paket: rjags
Lade nötiges Paket: coda
Linked to JAGS 4.0.0
Loaded modules: basemod,bugs
Attache Paket: ‘R2jags’
The following object is masked from ‘package:coda’:
    traceplot

So, in principle, it should work on Unix alike platforms.

I suggest, your next step should be to rebuild packages coda, basemod
and bugs, and of course, package R2jags_0.5-7?

Sorry, no other clue so far.

Greetings,
Rainer