[R] Find and replace backslashes XXXX

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:10:22 CEST 2015

On 26/05/2015 9:56 PM, Ista Zahn wrote:
> Escape the backslash with another backslash, i.e.,
>
> gsub("\\","/","X:\\Classes\\TT\\Automation", fixed = TRUE)

... and note that if you want to use a regular expression (i.e. fixed =
FALSE), you would need another level of escaping, i.e.

gsub("\\\\","/","X:\\Classes\\TT\\Automation")

The second level of escaping is for the regexpr processor.  It would
need to be done in the first or second strings, but not in the third,
which is the data.

Duncan Murdoch