[R] Debian Rcmdr misses sem leaps etc

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri May 22 20:09:00 CEST 2015

Dear Peter,

I don't use Debian myself, but have you tried simply clicking the OK button
in the dialog box for installing the missing packages? Perhaps you've done
that and are then asked where to install the packages, but if so that's
unclear from your message. More generally, it would help to have more detail
about what you did.

A bit of background: There are two package systems, one for Debian, which
includes R, the Rcmdr package, and some other R packages (such as the car
package) used by the R Commander, and the CRAN R package archive. Most of
the R packages that the Rcmdr uses reside in the latter archive. If these
are missing, the R Commander detects that and asks your permission to
install them. As I said, simply clicking OK should work (as far as I know).

I'm cc'ing Dirk Eddelbuettel, who takes care of the R Debian packages.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University