[R] Heatmap

Carlos Javier Rincon Rodriguez cjrinconr at unal.edu.co
Fri May 22 19:32:40 CEST 2015

Hi. Good morning.

I am trying to load a shapefile to do a heatmap of Colombia. I using all
this package:

library(ctv)

library(spatial)

library(ggplot2)

library(sp)

library(rgdal)

library(rgeos)

library(maptools)

library(ggmap)

and a using this two commands to load the file:

depto<-readShapePoly("depto.shp")

depto <- readOGR(dsn = ".", "depto")

but the result is:

     depto<-readShapePoly("depto.shp")

     Error in getinfo.shape(filen) : Error opening SHP file

     depto <- readOGR(dsn = ".", "depto")

     Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, encoding = encoding,
use_iconv = use_iconv,  : Cannot open file

Also I am working in a MAC computer and when I open R, I have this warning
message:

    WARNING: You're using a non-UTF8 locale, therefore only ASCII
characters will work.

    Please read R for Mac OS X FAQ (see Help) section 9 and adjust your
system preferences accordingly.

I looking the R for Mac document but there is not section 9.!!!

Thanks for any help.

Carlos.