[R] compiling R with tuned BLAS

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:16:11 CEST 2015

Which OS are you using (Windows, Linux (distro), Mac)?  When you mention
.so files I tend to assume you are using a Linux system.  If you are using
ubuntu, changing the BLAS used by R is relatively trivial by using
'update-alternatives'.  More detail is provided at the following link:
http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~nmv/2013/07/09/for-faster-r-use-openblas-instead-better-than-atlas-trivial-to-switch-to-on-ubuntu/

Charles