[R] About manipulating NetCDF files in ncdf package.

Thanh Huyền Trần pizgy.st288 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:49:17 CEST 2015

Dear R-project staffs,

I'm now dealing with some NetCDF files for my scientific work and I'm
reading it and manipulating it with R.
So far I would like to ask some questions:
1. I have a NetCDF file for time-series data (*daily* time step) in a
domain (with longitudes and latitudes) with two variables are two component
of wind speeds (u-wind and v-wind). I would like  to creat a new NetCDF
file with the synthesized wind speed from the two components from the
existing file in the same spatial resolution but with *monthly* time steps.
Which syntax can I use to compile the code for this?
(please find the enclosed picture for variables information)

2. I have another NetCDF file for time-series data *(hourly)*  in a domain
(with longitudes and latitudes) for downward solar radiation which I want
to transfer to *monthly* data.Which syntax can I use to compile the code
for this?

Thanks and looking forward to your guidance.

Best regards,
Thanh Huyen Tran

--
Thanh Huyen Tran

*Master student of Hydrosciences and Engineering Programme,*

*Faculty of Environmental Sciences*
*University of Technology Dresden, Germany*