[R] Urgent :) Output interpretation: standard error of lm dummy variable

Livia Maria Vestergaard lvest09 at student.sdu.dk
Tue May 19 22:37:13 CEST 2015

Hi :)

I have an an examination tomorrow, and don't quite understand how R calculated the values.

Yes. You are right R^2=0.02166 :)
As mentioned It is a dummy variable  model with the 5 regions of Denmark as 4 independent dummy variables and price as the dependent variable.

 price = 10.325 - 0.176*Sjaeland - 0.368 * NJylland - 0.230*MJylland - 0.120* Syddanmark

I will probably be asked how to interpret the standard error = 0.7348 on 342199 degrees of freedom (= 342 204 observations - 5 categories); about the 5 standard errors for the beta values, the F-statistic = 1894 on 4 categories and the p-value ≈ 0. But I don't quite understand how R reached the outputs and what parameter are F-distributed, what the standard errors says something about and the standard errors and the F-statistic = 1894  when it is a dummy variable model.

Hopefully the answer is out there somewhere  and you can help :)

Best  Livia