[R] Error in dimnames(phi) <- list(rn, dims) : length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent

Oleg Nenadić onenadi at uni-goettingen.de
Mon May 18 17:52:44 CEST 2015

David, Thanks for forwarding this to me.

Yonas, Please try updating your ca package to version 0.61 which fixes
this issue. This is not the latest official CRAN version, so get it from
R-forge via
 > update.packages("ca", repos = "http://r-forge.r-project.org")

All the best,
Oleg.

On 18/05/2015 16:27, David L Carlson wrote:> I think this is a bug in
the current version of ca() in package ca. I am copying the package
maintainer with this example:

 > # Reproducible example from manual page for ca():
 >
 >> library(ca)
 >> data("author")
 >> author.ca <- ca(author) # No problem
 >> author.ca <- ca(author, nd=3)
 > Error in dimnames(phi) <- list(rn, dims) :
 >    length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent
 >> library(MASS)
 >> author.ca <- corresp(author, nf=3) # No problem
 >
 > So the MASS version of correspondence analysis, corresp(), is able to
extract three dimensions (actually up to 11) from "author". I am certain
I have used ca() in the past and extracted more than two dimensions from
similar tables.

 > -------------------------------------
 > David L Carlson
 > Department of Anthropology
 > Texas A&M University
 > College Station, TX 77840-4352

the bottom of this and every other message on this list.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

 >> Jeff Newmiller                        The     .....       .....  Go
Live...
 >> DCN:<jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.
Live Go...
 >>                                        Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..
Playing
 >> Research Engineer (Solar/Batteries            O.O#.       #.O#.  with
 >> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.
rocks...1k