[R] using filter() to sum up

T.Riedle tr206 at kent.ac.uk
Sun May 17 20:51:38 CEST 2015

Hi,
I tried the formula

sum(psi*X[(t-1):(t-K)])

but it provides the vector of all observations. Thus, I changed K to k where

K<-3 and k<-1:K

This yields better results but not what I want since I should get 3 values as K=3.

> X[(t-1):(t-k)]
[1] 0.1
Warning message:
In (t - 1):(t - k) :
  numerical expression has 3 elements: only the first used

Why do I get this error message and how can I avoid it??

Thanks in advance