[R] Comparing 2 different files in R

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sun May 17 13:14:28 CEST 2015

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: lyle00 at gmail.com
Sent: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:56:24 +1000
To: jrkrideau at inbox.com
Subject: Re: [R] Comparing 2 different files in R
This is not an area I am going to be able to help with but we still need a lot more information I think.

At the moment we know nothing about the structure of the data, what you are trying to accomplish, in substantive terms, and what you may have tried.  As I say. I know nothing about the area but perhaps we need to know if all you want is to see if the SNP's are the same in different files, do you need summary stats or graphics. Come to think of it, something like a journal abstract might do nicely.

It may be that more knowlegeable people can recommend useful approaches or suggest that your type of analysis is more suitable in the Bioconductor lists.

Ideally we should see any 'minimal' code you may have written in R if any, &  some sample data is possible. See ?dput for a handy way to provide data but we,  hopefully, don't need to see 8mg of data. Probably just the first few lines of data would do.  A command like dput(head(50)) should be enough. See ?dput and?head for what these are doing or have a look at the links provided earlier.  For various reasons dput() is about the best method available for passing data to a help list or forum.

Oh and one more thing. You seem to have sent this last post in HTML. The R-help list is plain-text so we would ask that you send everything in plain. HTML is stripped away and the resulting plain text can be so close to unintelligible that many readers will just ignore it.
Thanks and sorry for being light on detail.

I have multiple files of raw human genome SNP data. Very large - the compressed zip files are about 8mb large.