[R] tables package: localization of "All" subtotals label

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:16:14 CEST 2015

On 15/05/2015 10:38 AM, Patricio Cuarón wrote:
> Hello. I'd like to know how could I localize (or otherwise change the
> string) of the "All" subtotal that appears when using something like

I just took a look at the source of the package.  Currently there is no
way to use the R internationalization facilities to change the default
display of "All", but that's easy to add.  The only other fixed word
displayed by the package is "Percent".

I'll commit changes to allow these to be set automatically.  If you are
really interested in this, you can read the online description at

http://developer.r-project.org/Translations30.html

for how to put together a translation file for your language; I'd be
happy to include it in future versions of tables.  (The translation
shouldn't be hard for only two words, the hard part is likely getting
the tools to install a translation.  Error message translations could
also be included.)

Duncan Murdoch