[R] Determinant

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri May 15 00:12:41 CEST 2015

Note that when using double precision arithmetic you cannot tell
if that number is different from other numbers within 10 billion of
it -- they all have the same representation.

> 1.6777215999999849e+29 == 1.6777215999999849e+29 + 1e10
[1] TRUE

You need to use other, time consuming, methods (e.g., arbitrary
precision arithmetic such as in the Rmpfr package, or some
analysis)

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com