[R] ifelse and "&&" vs "&

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:14:24 CEST 2015

Hi nusrat,
The ifelse function returns the number of values that result from the
logical expression in the first argument. If you use &&, you get one
logical value. If you use & you get logical values for the number of
conditionals that you specify. For example:

 1:10 > 0 && 1:10 < 11:20
[1] TRUE
 1:10 > 0 & 1:10 < 11:20
 [1] TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE

And for your sake and our's, get a real computer.

Jim