[R] Rhive queries failing

Kartik Manocha kartikmanocha.87 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:32:30 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I am facing an error while firing Rhive queries. Its able to connect via
hive server2, list tables do a simple select * operation.

But, a count operation is failing or if I do select "field" from
table_name, that fails too.

Any query that involves processing (like in MR terms) is failing. Mentioned
is the error which its prompting when a query fails

Error: java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED:
Execution Error, return code 1 from
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

If you have any thoughts or pointers that may help in debugging /
resolving, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Kartik