[R] Sampling

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Mon Mar 30 08:23:45 CEST 2015

On 3/29/2015 11:10 PM, Partha Sinha wrote:
> I have 1000 data points.  i want to take 30 samples and find mean. I
> also want to repeat this process 100 times. How to go about it?
> Regards
> Parth

see ?replicate and ?sample.  Simple example where yourdata is a simple
vector of values, and assuming you want to sample without replacement.
Generalizing it to other data structures is left as an exercise for the
reader.

replicate(100,mean(sample(yourdata,30, replace=FALSE)))

hope this is helpful,

Dan

--
Daniel Nordlund