[R] print and rbind within a for loop

Steven LeBlanc oreslag at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:04:15 CET 2015

Hi Dave,

Thank you, but that didn't seem to do it. This code produces the same result:

sim.app.wald<-function(B=0.1,min=10,max=50,alpha=0.05){
	result<-c(fails=0,n=0)
	for(n in min:max){
		x<-seq(1,n-1,1)
		fhat<-x/n
		se<-sqrt((fhat*(1-fhat))/n)
		ci.wald<-fhat+qnorm(1-(alpha/2))*se
		if(sum(ci.wald[ci.wald<=B])){
			result<-rbind(cbind(fails=x[ci.wald<=B],n=n),result)
			print(cbind(X=x[ci.wald<=B],n))
		}
	return(result)
	}
}

Once again, commenting out the return() statement shows the correct output via the print() statement.

Best Regards,
Steven