[R] Package related error, starting with Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports)

Karri Hellström karrri at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:52:23 CET 2015

Hi everyone!
I´m very new to R (2 weeks now) and very rusty with programming (last time I studied it was 20 years ago)Recently started a course in R, because Excel just doesnt cut it anymore.
System: R 3.1.2. , Windows 7, Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit), updated to R 3.1.3 during the battle.
General issue:  Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports).
Attending the class, we were asked to submit our functions with a submission script. Download went ok, "source("submitscript1.R)" as well without issues. However "submit()" , the function itself, produces the following error:
> source("submitscript1.R")> submit()Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) :   undefined exports: bitFlip, bitAnd, bitOr, bitXor, bitShiftL, bitShiftR, cksumError: package ‘bitops’ could not be loaded
So I have undefined exports and an unloadable package called bitops. I later found out from Stackoverflow that stating "dependencies=TRUE might have averted this issue.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything R-related 3 times now, no use. No-one on the course discussion forum could assist with this either, posteed in a few threads there.
I tried "install.packages(bitops)", but then the package couldnt be located, download was ok.
1. I have no idea how to fix this.
2. On another issue I got a similar error, when trying to "library("swirl"), namely :
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) :   undefined exports: bitFlip, bitAnd, bitOr, bitXor, bitShiftL, bitShiftR, cksumError: package or namespace load failed for ‘swirl’
> remove.packages("swirl")Removing package from ‘C:/Users/nakki/Documents/R/win-library/3.1’(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
I wonder if these problems are related?
3. Is it normal for R to store packages in two different libraries? In my effort to fix this I tried "update.packages()" a couple times and noticed that I had two libraries, one in Documents folder, and another in Program files.
4. Is there a way to fix package installments manually, when the downloads are ok? I.E. copy-pasting the a file (which one, dont know) to a specific location in Windows?

Sorry for the long post, as I said I´m new to this, and didnt know which details are relevant and which are not..
BR, Karri