[R] Book: Beginner's Guide to Data Exploration and Visualisation with R.

Highland Statistics Ltd highstat at highstat.com
Mon Mar 9 18:03:11 CET 2015

We are please to announce the following book:

Title: Beginner's Guide to Data Exploration and Visualisation with R.
Authors: Ieno & Zuur

Book website: http://www.highstat.com/BGDEV.htm

Paperback or EBook can be order (exclusively) from:
http://www.highstat.com/bookorder.htm

TOC: http://www.highstat.com/BGS/DV/TOC_Online.pdf
Price: 29 GBP

Outline:
In 2010 we published a paper in the journal Methods in Ecology and Evolution entitled ‘A protocol for data exploration to avoid common statistical problems’. Little did we know at the time that this paper would become one of the journal’s all-time top papers, both top downloaded and top cited papers, with 22,472 downloads between 2010 and 2014.

Based on this success we decided to extend the material in the paper into a book. It is part of our 'Beginner’s Guide to ...' book series. We tried to write this book in such a way that the statistical knowledge level is as low as possible. A knowledge of linear regression is all that you need.

Kind regards,

Alain Zuur

--
Dr. Alain F. Zuur

First author of:
1. Beginner's Guide to GAMM with R (2014).
2. Beginner's Guide to GLM and GLMM with R (2013).
3. Beginner's Guide to GAM with R (2012).
4. Zero Inflated Models and GLMM with R (2012).
5. A Beginner's Guide to R (2009).
6. Mixed effects models and extensions in ecology with R (2009).
7. Analysing Ecological Data (2007).

Highland Statistics Ltd.
9 St Clair Wynd
UK - AB41 6DZ Newburgh