[R] install R-devel from R 3.1 to R 3.2 kubuntu

Karim Mezhoud kmezhoud at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 11:42:40 CET 2015

Thanks Uwe,
yes I read it and I stopped on the last step (below). Something warning
with x11 headers/libs. What I need to do? Thanks

sudo apt-get build-dep r-base
sudo apt-get install subversion ccache
mkdir ~/svn/
cd ~/svn/
svn co https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk r-devel/R

cd /svn/r-devel/R

LAST STEP
./configure
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available

or
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bin/

configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available