[R] Requesting function for A/B testing

Charles C. Berry ccberry at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 7 04:35:52 CET 2015

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015, Rolf Turner wrote:

> On 06/03/15 22:34, Namratha K wrote:
>
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>> I am a student pursuing MCA .As i am doing an project using R language .I
>> want to implement A/B testing using R language.I am searching in google
>> from past few days and not able to implement .So i request u to kindly help
>> me by sending function or code on A/B testing method using R language.
>>

>> talk soon
>
> Huh?  Or, to put it another way, WTF?

Rolf,

Old wine, new bottle.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing,

"A/B testing has been marketed by some as a change in philosophy and
  business strategy in certain niches, though the approach is identical to
  a between-subjects design, which is commonly used in a variety of
  research traditions[refs]"

A friend who is a management consultant tells me that the core ideas in
his discipline never change, but every five years or so a new set of
buzzwords is introduced to describe them. It makes it seem like "a change
in philosophy and business strategy" has occurred. And of course the
clients will need to hire consultants who know those buzzwords to stay
current. And the consultants will need to sign up for continuing education
courses to learn those buzzwords.

===

Namratha,

Read R-intro. Either from your R installation or at

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.html

Then start R and enter

 	ls("package:stats",pat="test")

at the prompt and push "ENTER". Browse the help pages for the functions
listed. Run the examples.

That should get you started.

Chuck