[R] How to speed up a double loop?

jeff6868 geoffrey_klein at etu.u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Mar 2 15:12:44 CET 2015

Hi Petr,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually it's not what I'm looking for. The aim is not simply to remove each
value > 15.

In my loop, I consider the first numeric value of my column as "correct".
Then, I want to test the second value. If the absolute difference with the
previous correct one is <15, it's a new correct one, but if it's >15, then
it's a wrong one.
If it's a wrong one, it has to test the third one to check if it's still >15
from the last correct value (first one).
The value becomes correct again when the difference with the last correct
one goes under 15 (and so, this value is the new "correct" one, and so one
for the rest of the column).

My loop is already doing the trick, but I just want to speed it up (or maybe
another faster way to do the job).
Hope it's more understandable right now!