[R] set par options once for entire R session

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:34:55 CEST 2015

Martin:

One simple approach: write your own graphics functions that are simple
wrappers to the plot functions you use that set the par() values as
you wish. You could even put them in a package that is loaded at
startup. See ?Startup

My understanding is that so long as a graphics device remains open,
new plots on it will reuse the same par() settings. See,e.g.
?plot.new.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter