[R] data.table package problem

Eddie Ho eddie.ck.ho at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:00:30 CEST 2015

Hi all,
  I am new to R and currently learning through a book. Everything works
until I try package "data.table". I am using R3.2.1 and RStudio 0.99.441.
Package "data.table" is version 1.9.4.

 > require(data.table)
For help type: ?data.table *** NB: by=.EACHI is now explicit. See README to
restore previous behaviour. Warning message: package ‘data.table’ was built
under R version 3.2.1

  The problem is I can't invoke tables()

> tables()Error in paste("%", nchar(m[1, "NROW"]), "s", sep = "") :
  4 arguments passed to .Internal(nchar) which requires 3

   or setkey

> setkey(theDT, D)Error in setkeyv(x, cols, verbose = verbose, physical = physical) :
  4 arguments passed to .Internal(nchar) which requires 3

   Would you please help me to investigate what's wrong with my
installation?

Thanks,
Eddie